It is my opinion that very few people know the difference between a want and a need in life.
I will let someone who IMO, got it correct.
Just some stats for you to ponder on:
– Almost half of the world’s wealth is now owned by just one percent of the population.
– The wealth of the one percent richest people in the world amounts to $110 trillion. That’s 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world’s population.
– The bottom half of the world’s population owns the same as the richest 85 people in the world.
– Seven out of ten people live in countries where economic inequality has increased in the last 30 years.
– The richest one percent increased their share of income in 24 out of 26 countries for which we have data between 1980 and 2012.
– In the US, the wealthiest one percent captured 95 percent of post-financial crisis growth since 2009, while the bottom 90 percent became poorer.
You read the full article by clicking here.
There are many people that realise the imbalances of the economic scales that are in place. The almost hatred, towards capitalism, the underlying and often underground guys, seeking to apply a communistic regime.
What one needs to realise is that everything that affects the world on a macro level (global) starts and affects things on a micro level (national/local) and I would go as far to say on a minute level (individual).
Let me start here….. You work hard to get the bills paid. You buy stuff and live in a space that you pay for, maybe a car or two. You have children, you pay school fees and clothing is a necessity. And you pay taxes and maybe you save a bit, and the list goes on.
Yet all of those are wants. You want to live in a house or space that you call your own, you want a car, you wanted children, you want those children to have a chance in life, you therefore send them to school. You want to beautify your life and space and spend the necessary to make that happen. You want to live in a country that has amenities that make life comfortable.
Homeless people still manage to get by…..without all that. Conclusion. Many before us and currently do not believe that those are necessary to qualify as a life. So they are at their core just wants. You do not need it.
The trouble with us is that we get caught up in looking around and you have to admit….. its all very tempting hey.
But the thing that fuels the world and the markets and the economy is ruled by the 2 most base human trappings…. Fear and Greed.
I don’t want to make this too complex.
I could create lists of what we want versus what we need, but let me simplify.
I think what is a real need in life is that people should find purpose. Yes that is not always tangible, but purpose supercedes wants in every area. Like you need air and food, purpose is the most gone and forgotten element in life as I see it.
We end up on the hamster wheel without it. We take every opportunity we can thinking it will better our lives, only to find the circle bites our behinds and we end up with higher bills, new worries, and more stress. We don’t need a lot in life. But if you ever wanted a lazer sharp focus in life. Find your purpose. That in itself will help you shake off all the crap you don’t need.
Yes the world is unfair and a hard place, but you do not have to comply with everything.
What is your purpose?